Here are the different styles of dance we offer for Recreational Classes:
- PreSchool Dance – Same as combo age 3-5 class below, just in the afternoon instead of the evening.
- Combo Classes – ages 3-5 – these combo classes include 3 styles of dance, Tap, Ballet, and Jazz. We work on basic coordination skills, ballet positions, somersaults, bridges, and cartwheels, along with learning to move to the beat of the music.
- Combo Classes – ages 5-7 – This combo class focuses on Tap, Ballet, and Jazz. Traveling tap steps are introduced and worked on. We introduce and work on leaps, turns, and kicks. There are basic ballet skills reviewed and implemented as well.
- Combo Classes – ages 7-10 – This combo class focuses on Tap, Ballet, and Jazz. Traveling tap steps are introduced and worked on. We work on leaps, turns, and kicks. Basic ballet skills reviewed and implemented as well.
- Ballet/Acro – ages 7+ – This class will work half at the ballet bar and half on the tumbling mats. This is where the technical elements in each style is stressed. A more involved ballet is introduced at the barre and worked on. This class will work on chinholds and balance elements as well as backhandsprings and tucks are introduced if the student has limbers and walkovers.
- Hip Hop – ages 7+ – This class works the street styles of popping, locking, and breaking. It is for the dancers that like the funky music and styles of basic jazz. We will work “freezes” and “tricks” as well as “freestyle” dance.